Monday, April 14, 2008

From the mouths of babes

I hired my little brother and his adorable friend to do yard work for me yesterday:

Me: "How much are you charging?"
J: "We're not sure. You want the leaves raked, the bushes trimmed and the grass cut. That's a lot of work."
K: "BUT WE CAN HANDLE IT!"
Me: "Ok, well you guys get started and let me know when you decide."

**They work their little tails off for 3 hours and I hear a knock on my door. They are covered in mud, grass, and leaves and the yard looks great**

Me: "Wow, you guys did such a good job! How much do I owe you?"
J: "Not sure. We need to have a conference."
K: " Yeah, we don't want to say to high."
J: "But we also don't want to say too low!!"
*whispering*
J: "I'm going to say $20"
K: "Yeah!"
Me: "Ok, that sounds fair. Plus I have some more work for you to do this weekend"

*I hand them each their $10*

J:" You know, this was really fun. I'd probably do it for free!"
Me: "Then give me the money back!"
They run away, money clutched in their little fists, laughing like maniacs.

No comments: