Friday, April 11, 2008

My $1,100 mistake

Yesterday while perusing tickets on StubHub.com, the unthinkable happened.

I was checking to see where the seats I was interested in were located and looking at processing, last minute and other fees when the screen flickered and suddenly....

ORDER PROCESSED. THANK YOU!

Pardon? I'm sorry. Did you say you processed my order? But I didn't enter my credit card information. How is this possible? Oh you just sent me a confirmation email. Oh and the total that you just deducted from my bank account is $1,108.00. Thats over a thousand dollars, right? Hmm... HOLY A** SH** F**K.

Oh, it must be a misunderstanding. I'll just call your customer service department and explain how your website malfunctioned and accidentally charged me for tickets I didn't want.

Two hours later.

After exhausting every employee and supervisor I hung up the phone, defeated. All sales are final.

I sat on the curb outside of my office. It was such a nice day, almost hot out. I picked a four leaf clover and watched people go by.

And then, I just let it go.

We posted the tickets on Ebay and Craigslist. Here's to hoping they sell. And if not, I'll just take my friends advice:

Get all dressed up and act like the VIP's we'll be portraying. Life goes on.

No comments: