Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Favorite Movie Quotes

I am feeling overwhelmed with work and underwhelmed with energy so in lieu of a post, I'm putting up some of my all time favorite movie quotes. Enjoy. I'll be back to normal tomorrow. (or whatever I'm considered)


Has it ever occurred to you that maybe you're not too big? That maybe this place is just too small?
-Big Fish


I find it amusing. Men are supposed to be made out of steel or something. I just sat there. I just held Shelby's hand. There was no noise, no tremble, just peace. Oh god. I realize as a woman how lucky I am. I was there when that wonderful creature drifted into my life and I was there when she drifted out. It was the most precious moment of my life.
-Steel Magnolias

I can't believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up "money laundering" in a dictionary.
-Office Space

Thank you for every kindness. Thank you for our children. For the first time I saw them. Thank you for being someone I was always proud to be with. For your guts, for your sweetness. For how you always looked, for how I always wanted to touch you. God, you were my life. I apologize for everytime I ever failed you. Especially this one...
-What Dreams May Come

What some folks call impossible, is just stuff they haven't seen before.
-What Dreams May Come

Soul mates. It's extrememly rare but it exists. Sort of like twin souls tuning into each other. Apparently even in death.
-What Dreams May Come

Home. The dictionary defines it as both a place of origin and a goal or destination. And the storm? The storm was all in my mind. Or as the poet Dante put it: In the middle of the journey of my life, I found myself in a dark wood, for I had lost the right path. Eventually I would find the right path, but in the most unlikely place.
-Patch Adams

We can head on down to the maternity ward. You know those chicks put out.
-Patch Adams

What are four walls, anyway? They are what they contain. The house protects the dreamer. Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game. It's such a surprise.
-Under the Tuscan Sun

You know when you come across one of those empty shell people, and you think "What the hell happened to you?" Well there came a time in each one of those lives where they are standing at a crossroads… someplace where they had to decide whether to turn left or right. This is no time to be a chicken-shit, Frances.
-Under the Tuscan Sun

How extravagant you are, throwing away women like that. Some day they may be scarce.
-Casablanca

No comments: