Wednesday, August 6, 2008

English 102

As I was packing some of my stuff for the big move, I came across a disk of some writing I did in college. I graduated from Towson with a B.S. in English Literature and Writing. That means that I can effectively bullshit my way through just about anything, and I have a degree to prove it.

(All kidding aside, Towson is an amazing school and I feel lucky that I was able to attend such a wonderful institution. They deliver beer right to you door!!)

The exercise below is from one of my classes. We were to write a poem, mocking the style of a famous poem, about anything. I originally chose Skittles but decided against it in the end as nothing rhymes with orange.

Untitled

I skip the second stair
It groans in protest at the fall of my foot
Bound up
Hair a mess
Tangled and push it away from my face
Sticky hot
Pages stick together, Unwavering puddle
what could that mean?
I try to study but a butterfly's wings
too loud
outside my window heat shimmers
and my toes are fire roasted red peppers
Will I look back, years from now
remembering when
and wishing that
I could be where I am right now?

No comments: