Monday, August 25, 2008

What's in a name?

Tiffany: the name is of Greek and/or Latin origin. In Greek it means manifestation of God. In Latin it is a representation of the trinity. It is a traditional name used by Catholic parents.

Jennifer: the name is of Cornish origin, meaning white, fair, or smooth.

My first name is Tiffany. My middle name is Jennifer.

For the past few years, people who do not know me have been calling me Jennifer. They have no idea it's my middle name. Do I look like a Jennifer? I don't know. What does a Jennifer look like? And why do they pick that name to call me? Out of the hundreds they could choose incorrectly, they choose my middle name. It happens about twice a week at work. The only thing I can think of is that I was supposed to be named Jennifer. My parents screwed it up and the great Cosmic is sending me messages. Be Jennifer or else.

But I don't wanna.

2 comments:

Say What said...

Hahahaha... I think you TOTALLY look like a Jennifer. :-)

Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

But it's such a sexy name!

:)