Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The phone call that puts all others to shame

"Hey Tiffany, this is **** from **** and I have a customer here who is looking to buy a car!"
"Great, put her on the phone."

"Hi Ms.Jones. This is Tiffany with ****. How are you today?"

*25 second pause*

"Ms. Jones? Are you there?"
"Yes, please don't rush me."
"Oh, I'm sorry. Let me know when you are ready."
"Ok, I'm ready now."
"Great, what type of vehicle are you looking for?"

*30 second pause*

"Ms. Jones?"
"I said don't rush me."
"I'm sorry, I just couldn't tell if you were still there or not."

*35 second pause*

"I want your most expensive Kia."
"Pardon? May I ask why? And which model are you referring to?"

*25 second pause*

"I want the one that is the most. Or the oldest as possible Monte Carlo."
"Ok, well those cars are very different. I can quote you some prices. Would that help?"

*30 second pause. some shuffling can be heard*

"Ms. Jones? I don't mean to rush you, but I do have another call holding. Maybe this conversation would be better in person?
"I want you to call around to a Chevy dealership that sells Kia's and get me some prices and them mail them to me."
"Huh?"

*1 minute pause*

"Ms. Jones. I'm going to be honest with you. I don't really know what you are talking about. You lost me a few minutes ago. Maybe I should just call you tomorrow. "
"Well............................................................no. I just want you to shop around for me and find some prices and then you call me back and mail me the results."
"Ms. Jones, we don't really do that. I'm sorry. And I have to go now. I have another call holding. Can you hand the phone back to ****?"

*30 second pause, followed by what sounds suspiciously like drinking from a bottle*

"Bye Ms. Jones."

No comments: