Thursday, January 7, 2010

January

It's January and gray. Well it's actually dark now. But it was gray earlier, the sky heavy with snow laden clouds. It's coming. A few inches tonight, maybe more. Enough to cover the dead grass and barren branches. Cute boyfriend left this morning in a flurry of packing and hugs and "I'll call you when I land". He loves his job. I love that he loves his job. I love that his happiness is contagious and what he does matters. I hate that he is far away and the snow is coming and the house is quiet. And I'm tired. I'm bone achingly tired. I need a deep, soundless, dreamless sleep tonight. I'll bury myself in our comforter and his familiar smelling pillow. And hopefully I'll wake up to a winter wonderland.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Sweet, peaceful dreams.

May said...

So did it happen? Is it beautiful? I hope you got your sleep. Sleep is the healingest thing.

Tiff said...

I got my sleep. We got our snow. I feel better.