Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Deja Vu

8:45 AM TUESDAY 2.9.2010 ULTRAKAHUNA UPDATE # 3: Professor Rapson was right, nothing like this has ever happened before, not even 1888, 1899, 1922 or 1958. If two blizzards occur along the I-95 corridor in one week, you will be living out history.

Due to the confused consternation over snowfall reporting at BWI airport, our team has selected the Maryland Science Center in downtown Baltimore as our new representative location for Central-Northern MD. At the center, the team projects ~1.5 liquid x 15:1 snow ratio = 22.5" by midnight Wednesday.
-From Footsforecast.org (an uber reliable source whom I've come to love & fear)

****************************************

The sky is heavy with sun barely showing through the thick moisture rich clouds. I heard on the radio that this storm picked up a lot of water from the gulf of Mexico and I thought,
"How lovely. Mexico. A drink in my hand. A pool boy fanning me with a palm frond...." And then my car hit a pothole the size of Mexico and I was back in 12 degree Maryland.

So yeah. At the end of this storm we will have over 50" of snow piled and frozen everywhere. to put that in perspective I am 68" tall. I have friends who literally disappear into the abyss when they step out their door.

But I won't mind sleeping in tomorrow. And I won't mind the burn of my muscles as I shovel, and shovel some more. I may even make a little money shoveling out others. Who knows. The world is my frozen oyster.

No comments: