Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Rambles

I will never know the right thing to do in every situation. And I will always make mistakes. But when the lights go down there is nothing in my heart that feels dark. There is only love. I will always be the one who feels it all a little too deeply and I accept that. Take the good, with the bad and always be grateful for both.

It is just a Wednesday. Where the air is dry and cold and snow is piled in graying heaps on sidewalks. I have a strange fever brewing. And maybe it's combination of a weeks worth of cold medicine and sleepless nights. But it's a bit like my senior year of college when I realized that I needed 20 credits to finish school in 4 years. I signed up. Went to class. Got A's. Made the Dean's list, and graduated on time. I was angrydetermined. It's one word. Not a real word. I know. But it's how I feel now. Like you can't stop me, break me, or make me give up. There is nothing that will get in my way. And I will never stop believing in the good in people, and the love. Never. You can't convince me that life is doom, gloom, sadness, and loss. No, that is only the dark side. I look to the light.

2 comments:

Reggie said...

Great words. Great attitude.

Cassidy said...

Oh honey, the world ISN'T doom and gloom...it's wonderful!! Sometimes there are people filled with doom and gloom, but just avoid them if you can. I'm sure some of it's the weather too...everyone is ready for spring:) Keep you head up, and keep the great attitude...your world is filled with love, laughter, and sunshine..don't ever let anyone take that away from you:)