Saturday, April 17, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside

The trees are anxious, and wobbly today. Their leaves shake and shimmer with the wind and it feels lonely outside. Cute boyfriend is away. And I miss him something terrible. This trip is short, but I just want him back. Hear me honey? Come on home now.

This day was strange and I'm ready for midnight so the clock can tell me it's a new day. I want sunshine though. Not this gray cloud filled sky where birds won't even fly. I need a break. A vacation. A big lottery win. A new hair color. I don't know. I'm flummoxed. (God I needed to use that word. It's been sitting in my brain for years. It's really hard to bring it up in casual conversation. People stare.)

I'm sitting here, watching nothing on t.v. and musing about the nature of relationships. Those between lovers, friends, family. There is nothing that brings so much joy, and so much pain as giving ourselves to another. So great the risk. So rich the reward.

Just love. Love big. It's the only thing that matters.

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

I know these times. Hang in.