Saturday, March 7, 2015

Gravity

You strode across the street with grace and purpose, briefly turning your head to check for traffic. There were a couple of other guys with you, a few steps behind. You looked on a mission. Determined. I sipped my beer and watched you, smiling to myself at your purpose. I had seen you in a photo a week ago and there you were, in real life. In color. Your ego taking up every bit of space around you.

There are some moments that define us. A before, and an after. I couldn't have known, listening to you laugh over the loud music, that you would be my husband. That you would stand beside me as we brought our daughter into this world. That life would never be the same.

I am so glad that I have ridden out these 6 years, with you. That we have weathered storms, celebrated triumphs, laughed, cried, hugged, kissed and stayed imperfectly...us.

Here's to infinity. And gravity. And all those other things we can't see but know are there.

Always, xo

No comments: