Monday, March 31, 2008

Girls Night Out

Last Friday night I met the girls for dinner in Fell's Point.

I'll start by saying that any place that allows you to BYOB (or W, in our case) is alright with me.

It's a sushi place called Asahi that is the size of a shoebox but serves out of this world Edamame and Sushi. We had a great meal and a lot of wine and talked non- stop about everything from work issues, to the size of our respective... well...boobs if you must know. And you must. Because everyone else certainly knew.

You see, when we all get together we tend to talk loudly (and by we, I mean ME of course). So there we are sitting, talking, eating, drinking and having a merry old time when the discussion turns from work woes to boob size. And for some odd reason I point across the table at one of my loveliest friends and proclaim her a B-Cup! It is at this point that a small, Asian waiter stops at the edge of our table and smiling widely, yells out, "You not B. You A+!!!"

We dissolved into embarassed laughter, our faces red, and our bellies full.

It's moments like those that I look back on and smile about days and weeks after.

It's moments like those that make me love my friends because of who they are and the knowledge that they love me for (or despite) who I am.

No comments: