Saturday, July 26, 2008

My favorite little guy

I took my little brother to see "The Dark Knight" yesterday. We ate popcorn and candy, drank slushies and poked each other in the ribs, whispering, "That is sooooo not real. His face would totally have melted off!"

On the car ride to the theater we talked about a little bit of everything. He never ceases to amaze me. He is only eleven but has the insight of someone much older and more worldly. We talked about drinking and driving and how silly it is. We discussed foods we just hated and movies we love. We talked about the car I was driving and he told me he thought it "handled well". He made me laugh out loud more than once and I found myself feeling a sense of pride that I know this little person who I believe is going to contribute to this world in some very big ways.

No comments: