Monday, December 21, 2009

Snow. Everywhere.

I said goodbye and sent cute boyfriend on his way this morning. He'll board the airplane and fly off and I'll be here working, wrapping, cleaning, and generally trying to cross everything off my ever growing to-do list. Work, pedicure, Mom's, errands and laundry today. Work, dress pickup, wedding rehearsal, cleaning, workout, errands tomorrow. And so it goes.

And he'll be flying over the United States and doing his job and being the man that I am so very proud to know. But hurry home love. It's Christmas and you're too far away.

Snow fell steadily Friday night through Sunday morning blanketing Maryland in two feet of white goodness. Schools are closed, roads icy, stores deserted. We were the only ones in Macy's on Sunday. It was glorious.

There was the Christmas party on Friday night and the horrendous drive home in near blizzard conditions. Cars ran off the road into ditches and guardrails as I slowly, methodically made our way home. Who goes 50 mph in a snowstorm? The guy in the Toyota who smashed his pretty red truck into an unforgiving metal pole. (he was fine, I checked)

There was the Saturday of watching the snow fall through the big living room windows. I made cookies and cute bf napped. We shoveled and snuggled. We ate party leftovers and committed ourselves to a day of nothing. It was perfect.

Sunday we shopped for his trip a little, and had dinner for his Mom's birthday. And yesterday was just a Monday. And today is Tuesday and tomorrow is Wednesday and Christmas is so very close and I feel like I need two more arms and ten more hours in the day.

No comments: