Wednesday, May 12, 2010

An Embarassment of Riches

Life has certainly come together nicely. I'm grateful every single day for all that I have. I've gathered a pretty awesome group of people around me and well, that just makes me happy. So yes, life is spectacular these days and there are so many things to look forward to.

This week I have a dinner & drinks with the lovely Tara (of the college friend species. Tara- can you believe we met over 7 years ago? Where does the time go?!)

On Saturday my Danielle and I will attend The 135th Preakness. It's a day of games, beer, out of this world people-watching, and of course the race. We're packing our cooler, our chairs and will spend probably twelve hours thoroughly enjoying ourselves in the sunshine. (D- I figured out our transit issue. I have myself a lovely map and we're all set. Don't forget the camera!)

And coming up in the near future? Friends in town from Texas. A reunion with co-workers from 6 years ago. Skydiving with cute boyfriend in Ocean City. And well, so much more.

I look around every day and know that each decision I made, each stumbling block I hurdled over, each mistake I berated myself for...well... it all led me here. And this? This is my utopia. And I say THANK YOU everyday.

No comments: