Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dear Chris-

It's the Fourth of July, and I miss you. I miss you on Tuesdays. I miss you at night. I miss you when it rains and thunder drowns out my thoughts. I miss you when I've had a bad day. I miss you every time we kiss goodbye. But each day I miss you, I'm one day closer to seeing you again. I miss you every day, but on holidays I really feel it. I want you by my side. I want to thread my fingers through yours and laugh when my Stepdad's eyes twinkle with mischief. I want to walk down to the pier with you and see the whitecaps and seagulls. I want to get you a cold beer and see you laugh with my little brother as he tells you the latest escapades of his turtles. It's the little things. Like the way you walk or say my name. So I miss you today and every day that you are gone. But in missing you I've realized something; that the broken roads we traveled led us straight to each other.

I'll see you soon love. Happy 4th of July. Thank you for all that you are and all that you do.

Love Always,

Tiff

No comments: