Wednesday, February 27, 2008

God's response

So after my rant yesterday, I think God wanted a rebuttal...

I had a customer come in with her 6 year old daughter. We spent a few hours together. At one point during our test drive this conversation took place:

Mom: Baby, do you like this car?
Daughter: Yeah, but Momma why can't you get a car like Auntie?
Mom: I like this one sweetie.
Daughter: You should get the one like Grandma has
(at this point we pulled back onto the lot and got out of the car. The Mom opened the back door and knelt down to get on eye level with her daughter)
Mom: Do you remember what I told you about being an individual?
Daughter: Yes Mom
Mom: I want you to be yourself, because there is no one else like you in this world. Don't try to be like other people. Do you understand what that means?
Daughter: But Mom, I know those cars are cool. They cost a lot of money.
Mom: *laughs* Baby, it's not about how much money you spend, or what people think of you. You have to do what feels right to you... what makes you happy. Like when you pick out your own clothes. You like doing that don't you?
Daughter: Yes.. because I like picking out what I want to wear that day
Mom: Exactly. I am so proud of you when you make your own decisions. And that's what Mom is doing. I'm buying the car that I want. Because I don't care what other people think and you shouldn't either.
Daughter: Oh Mom, I'm PROUD OF YOU TOO!!

1 comment: