Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ode to an Idiot

I work in an older building that my company is in the process of remodeling. And by "in the process of" I mean that five months ago they took some measurements and said they'd be back.

I miss them.

I sit by a large window, which, in a normal office would be lovely. But this is a magical window.
When it rains, my window leaks and creates what I refer to as "Lake Tiffany". Complete with swans and its own rainbow.

Last week, the repairman came by to check out said leak (because the pictures I sent him via email of the wall of mold didn't convince him). The previous day I had set a box of marketing materials on the ground by my desk. When I came in the next day they were soaked and half of the box was ruined.

Here is the conversation that followed my discovery:

Tiff: The window has been leaking again- it's pretty bad now. It ruined my marketing materials.
Repairman: Well you shouldn't have put them beneath the window.
Tiff: *dumb stare*
Tiff: Well, more imporatantly, maybe the window shouldn't leak? I'm just saying.
Repairman: THE WINDOW HAS LEAKED FOR TWO YEARS!
Tiff: So that's your best defense? Since the window has leaked for two years, I should just accept it and move on?
Repairman: Well I mean, we're trying to fix it.
Tiff: Yeah. Well be sure to tell my Mold family goodbye before you leave. I need go get my snorkel.
Repairman: *slams hammer down on windowsill*
Tiff: *mutters* Great, at least it will leak MORE now.

No comments: