Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I think I need a nap

I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth! I'm just working and ya know, living. And also trying to recuperate from Christmas, and the wedding and all that good stuff that's been cramming my days and nights full of sunshine and laughter.

It's cold here. Cold and windy. And I think it would be ok if Summer came by a little early. I wouldn't mind a bit actually.

This is another four day work week (and boy how I am getting used to these!) The New Year is almost here. I kinda forgot about that. And no, I don't make resolutions. I don't really see the point. I resolve today to be kinder. I resolve tomorrow to eat less chocolate and more veggies. Or whatever.

I don't make resolutions on the 1st of the year. Because well, I think it's kind of silly. I make to-do lists. Oh hell, I'm always making to-do lists. And doing the things on them, and crossing them off. And then I make a new list.

So I'm working, and I want to be home. But nothing new there. I'm such a homebody. Happiest in my home space. Happiest tinkering about, cleaning and cooking and doing as I please.

And oh, did I tell you about the wedding? Well first, did you see the pictures? I could only post a few but there are hundreds I tell you. Hundreds. And when I say we had fun, well that is an understatement. From a mimosa morning with my dear Danielle, to the all singing limo ride to the event, to the reception that consisted of tears and laughter in equal measure... well it was a day and night I would eagerly re-live time and again.

My Jamie is all married...and moving to Germany with her handsome Army husband. And they will create a life together. They will make memories. And I wish them more than the best.

And also.....well...I think that's all for now.

No comments: