Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Challenging

I've been struggling the past few months to really LIKE my job. I've finally conceded that this is not going to happen. It's not all bad. I mean, I like the flexibility and some of what I do - but it's definitely not my "happy place". I don't want to look back on my life and say that I worked to pay bills. I want to genuinely enjoy what I spend 8-10 (or more or less) hours a day doing. I want it to be a part of my life, not something that interferes with my life. So I'm back to the drawing board and seeking what I want. I may not find it this time, but I will keep looking until I do.

It's a perfect day here in Maryland. Low 70's and sunny and I would really love to be outside enjoying it. We're having a big cookout/shindig on Saturday afternoon/evening and I've carefully crafted a to-do list that I'll take care of line by line and with the help of a bunch of really great friends.

And speaking of friends...

How do you handle conflict with close friends? Are you honest? Do you bite your tongue? When mistakes are made (on either side) are apologies made and accepted?

I've always been (through no trying of my own) a forgiving person. Maybe I'm just really forgetful though...
When something happens between myself and another person that upsets me, I generally just get over it. Life keeps going and I've never been able to hold a grudge. It washes away in the current and I'm left standing there wondering when lunch is. So how do you handle it? I'm curious. I have always thought that it's inevitable - to hurt each other. We'll all do it at sometime whether we mean to or not so why not just say you're sorry/accept the apology and get on with life?

I'm sitting here in my office that I share with a 17 year old intern. But he's an old soul. He's currently ruminating on the history of the liberty bell and the state of modern politics. I really want to make him watch Goonies and eat cookies. I mean, growing up happens fast enough as it is. Slow down. Relax. Breathe. We'll never get out of here alive anyway!

2 comments:

Karoliina said...

Hi! I don't know you and I just found your blog. I believe you should try to find a job that you enjoy more. We don't live to work and if that job makes you unhappy then try something else! :)
About the friend thing I can't really say. Depends on the situation. I am usually honest and I apology when something happens between me and a friend. I agree that it is better to move on and not hold grudge as you said :)

Unknown said...

wonderful article it is looking very simple and easy to understanding..write more like this
Construction equipment manufacturers in coimbatore